Europe and Latin America - Looking at Each Other?
- Ryszard Stemplowski ( red )
- Europe and Latin America - Looking at Each Other?
- Rok wydania: 2010
- Liczba stron: 500
- Oprawa: twarda
- Format: 16 x 24 cm
Europeans and Latin Americans share a long history of mutual engagement. Bringing together scholars from Europe, Latin America and the USA, this volume offers insights that draw on divers methodologies and help to reassess European and Latin American mutual perceptions. Authors write about such topics like the national and territorial Identities, Europeans and the Indigenous Peoples of Latin America, Anglo-Mexican relations and perceptions, culture of football, modernization, foreign consultants, adaptation of former hegemonic parties in Eastern Europe and Mexico, human rights legacies of Pinochet's rule, political assessment of the past in Poland, democracy, the European and Latin American integration projects.
Table of Contents:
- National and Territorial Identities in Contemporary Latin America and Europe
- Europeans and the Indigenous Peoples of Latin America
- Anglo-Mexican Relations and Perceptions in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- The Culture of Football: Brazil and Europe
Luiz Carlos Ribeiro
- Modernisation in Europe and Latin America
Colin M. Lewis
- Perception Matters: Foreign Consultants in Latin America and Europe
Lawrence S. Graham
- The Adaptation of Former Hegemonic Parties in Eastern Europe and Mexico
Ericka López Godoy
- The Human Rights Legacies of Pinochet’s Rule
- Political Assessment of the Past in Poland
- Democracy in Latin America: Survival or Consolidation?
Peter H. Smith
- The Democratization of Europe
- The European and Latin American
- Integration Projects
- Looking at Each Other by Beata Wojna
- Are They Still Looking at Each Other? by Lubomir W. Zyblikiewicz
- A Synthesis is Still Before Us by Hieronim Kubiak
- On the Applicability of Lessons by Leszek Jesień
Index of Geographical Names
Index of Personal Names